Scrimmage

Scrimmage
Early season training session, Fall 2009

Sunday, March 6, 2011

Elk Lake Spring Regatta

Pretty awesome weekend up in Victoria for Seattle Rowing Center. We brought up a hefty contingent of junior and elite athletes. All level performed well. Our junior team won the women's Jr. 2x and the Men's Jr. 2x. We had strong contention in other events, with a number of second and third place finishes that came down to the wire. Our elite team won the women's Open 1x. I raced in the Open 1x against the big boys and finished 3rd with some pretty hearty (and exhausting) racing. I was quite proud of my effort and composure in a gnarly cross wind. I lost only to the largest and fiercest of fat-weight rowers. I also finished 2nd in the lightweight 2x, in which my partner was a Junior with an erg score barely under 7:00. We lost only to the Canadian national team. Our Open 4x race was run uncontested with little to write home about. All and all, and fantastic event. The host were well organized, and though the venue was muddy, the weather was reasonably quality with no meaningful delays. I always enjoy a trip up to The Promised Land: Canada!