Scrimmage

Scrimmage
Early season training session, Fall 2009

Saturday, February 11, 2012

Scrimmage

I got back to my regular training protocol this week. My orthopedist has informed me that the Baker's cyst in my right leg cannot be reasonably treated aside from the use of anti-inflammatories and ice. It is likely that my condition will be on-and-off through the season and I will just have to manage the pain. The underlying cause is arthritis in my right knee - aged well beyond my years. But I have managed to get the discomfort to a reasonable level and will be working hard through trials.

Today we scrimmage with Pocock and Steve Souvall from LUC. SRC brought its A-game for sure. I won both of my pieces with the light men in two sets of 2K with building rate caps. It was a fun tussle. I am looking forward to Elk Lake regatta - it will be a fun chance to show my best in the single.

I have had a few chances to row with Chris Wales, the 17 year old on the SRC Junior squad and younger brother of former teammate Michael Wales. Props to the little guy and the 140 lbs he can hurl down the course at startling speed.

Time for a restful weekend.