Scrimmage

Scrimmage
Early season training session, Fall 2009

Monday, April 9, 2012

Culmination

"Bring the fury of controlled hell..."

Tomorrow is the first day of racing for David and I at the Non-Qualified Olympic Trials Regatta. We have been in Chula Vista since Friday, rowing the course and getting settled in. We are 100% solid on weight and are anxious to unleash. My body is the most rested it has been since last August when I was taking my annual break. I think we will have some of our best performances of our lives this week.

The field is strong. There is not a single double that I would write off, and it is a privilege to be in the mix with them. All we can do is look inward during the race an observe the result as it unfolds. No amount of anxiety or well-wishing can trump the months and years all of these athletes have put in to arrive at this point. Tomorrow we take our first measurement of our cumulative effort.

Training for the US National Team has been a dream of mine since I first started rowing at Puget Sound and now, here I am at the Olympic Trials, ready to realize that for which I have labored.

Results can be found here.