Scrimmage

Scrimmage
Early season training session, Fall 2009

Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Back in Boston!

After a all-too-brief break, we are back in Boston and hitting it hard.  So many little aches and pains arise in my body form these first few days of getting back into the grind of three sessions per day - looking forward to the future when they will be gone and I will feel back up to speed.

I spent my break in Seattle, mostly with Keara, but also catching up with friends at the various boathouses (because I don't have many non-rowing friends left in Seattle).  I left some gear behind so I could travel a bit lighter for the rest of this adventure.  I am digging the new bags we scored.

The eight is just such an amazing challenge for me.  I thought I was finally getting OK at the single and then BOOM! New boat that is way different to handle.  I am reflecting on those simple winter days this year of just grinding it out at SRC.