Scrimmage

Scrimmage
Early season training session, Fall 2009

Friday, April 22, 2011

NSR I

A my second NSR I, I finished 13th overall, winning the C-Final and improving by 9 places over last year. I am very proud of my result, although I want more and will continue to work until I am finishing 1st. I had a shaky time trial, barely making the cut to progress by only 1/100th of a second. My heat was fast (arguably the fastest, but weather makes that tough to determine), and my final was strong. I have made huge leaps and bounds over the last 12 months and I think I will continue to see more. Now I am looking for the next step. My top choice is to hook up with a partner in Seattle and go for the Pan Am light double. My second choice would be to relocate to OKC and make a big boat there, and while I would prefer to scull, my interest in a 4x camp is strongly depended on what kind of support I can find financially. I am very excited for the summer.

This week I am headed to Brentwood with Holy Names Academy for our first big regional speed test of the Spring. I am pretty pumped up about my light 8+. as it has shown tremendous growth in speed since SDCC.

On a non-rowing note, I am at the do-or-die point in deciding whether or not to return to graduate school at U of Oregon. I hope I can hear back from some of my contacts so I know what my summer schedule will look like. I don't want to stop racing!!