Scrimmage

Scrimmage
Early season training session, Fall 2009

Monday, April 4, 2011

San Diego and Erg Movement

This weekend, we took the Holy Names Academy team down to San Diego Crew Classic where they face some stiff competition and threw down their best races yet. Our Varsity 8+ finished 11th, the same position as last year, the Junior Varsity 8+ finished 11th, two places back from last year, and our Light 8+ finished 6th, a first showing for HNA at this regatta. It seems as though the athletes rose to their highest level - they were technically proficient and rowed to exhaustion. We have the greatest depth in athletic talent that we have had in years, so this leads me to scratch my head and wonder how it is we are so far back on the curve. We will be tinkering with training and rigging throughout the next 7 weeks in the lead up to Regional Championships.

Today, I hit my PR on a 2K erg test and at a lower weight than I usually train at. Pretty jazzed about this, especially so close to NSR I and II. I plan on being on fire in Princeton this year.

Hope to get some pictures up soon from this weekend. I am super proud of the girls and had a great time down there - San Diego is always such a pleasant getaway at this time of the year.