Scrimmage

Scrimmage
Early season training session, Fall 2009

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Couple of days into OKC

Nothing particularly interesting so far. The facility is very nice; there is more equipment than I know how to use. There is an altitude room, an ice pool, an 'endless' pool, and of course the weight room, erg room, and locker rooms are very nice. The dynamic tank is interesting, and I think I will try it out this afternoon.

The other athletes in my pre-elite group are pretty young. A few open men and women with less small boa experience. I did some pieces against guys in the development group this morning, which was nice to have some push. My coach here talked about getting into a Pan Am 2x with a fellow I raced this morning, but when I approached him, he said no. So, right now I am just doing workouts side by side other guys here. The coaching is good so far. I have my boat and oars, so I am at least cozy.

Living with my Aunt Teresa rocks. Her house is super nice, and she cooks very well. We also have two foreign students here: Abdul, a Saud who is here to study English and Carolina, a very nice Argentinian biochemistry post-doc who is here working on a research project pertaining to the retina. It is a fun and friendly home dynamic.