Scrimmage

Scrimmage
Early season training session, Fall 2009

Saturday, June 18, 2011

Decent Racing and Dartmouth

Camp has been fun for the first week. Not as much coaching as I am used to, but I think the stuff that I do get along with the competition are good.

Did some 2ks today against other camp guys. I am definitely one of the faster lightweights in the development group, and faster than a a couple of the heavyweights as well. So I will be headed off to Dartmouth College in early July to participate in the lightweight 8+ selection. I've got my weight to a lean 150 lbs and am pumped up to do some seat racing in sweep boats. They are providing housing and coaching there for a low fee, but I will be scraping together the cash for my own food and transportation and, if I am successful, a trip to the World Championships in Bled, Slovenia. So I am pretty pumped up.

Here is a goony video of my rowing in the brown: