Scrimmage

Scrimmage
Early season training session, Fall 2009

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

End of the Season

Well, Pan Am Trials wrapped up for me yesterday. I finished 3rd/4 in my heat and 3rd/3 in my rep in the Open Men's 1x. I fought hard in my rep, hoping to force the top seed to work harder than he wanted to in order to diminish his chances of progressing should he win the event. I had an awesome first thousand, but I could not hold the pace I set for me. The stroke rate was solid in the low 30s, I just could no maintain that much power and length that I had in my first half through the whole race.

I learned a lot about my stroke and body this season and look forward to applying this knowledge into the upcoming Olympic year. I have made some technical leaps this Summer and some big physiological gains last Spring. Having David Smith at SRC this year will be a boon, as it gives me a regular competitor and set us up nicely for a 2x, should that prospect seem good.

I head back to Seattle on Monday after a brief stay in Vermont to celebrate my good friends' marriage.