Scrimmage

Scrimmage
Early season training session, Fall 2009

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Nationals around the corner and new PRs

I have all of my logistics taken care of for the next trip out to Princeton - I will be flying out on the 22nd and returning on the 27th. I am staying with the Baran-Wagner family once again and will be using Michael Wales's new boat and oars for my racing. I think this will end up being cheaper than the NSR I trip thanks to better planning on my part (not taking more own oars, tools, or renting a boat).

Last weekend I set a new personal best on the 2K course through the Cut, clocking 7:23. I think that if conditions are fast in Princeton, I can expect to go under 7:15, maybe even 7:10. That puts me near the top of the lightweights. However, I will be competing as both a lightweight and heavyweight at Nationals. The entries for the lightweight event are so few that I would not be able to get very much good racing in. However, by racing as a heavyweight as well, I can potentially add three more races and compete for a more prestigious title.

This week is filled with solid, high-intensity work. I am being very careful with my body and minding all of my stretching, physical therapy, icing, and nutritional plans. I am feeling 10 times stronger than I did leading up to NSR I and look to show it on the water.