Scrimmage

Scrimmage
Early season training session, Fall 2009

Sunday, May 23, 2010

Strength

I threw up a new personal best on the leg press on Friday with a couple reps at 580 lbs. I was also able to get back into some of the more strenuous core exercises that I had been dodging for the sake of my back, which was very refreshing. By the time Friday evening hit, I was wiped out. Probably should have hit the ice bath to speed up recovery. Oh well.

I read an article suggesting the a mid-day 30-40 minute nap would increase my body's production of growth hormone. Something I might have to start scheduling into my routine.

I started to work with a physical therapist to address some of the underlying structural problems that may be causing me to be prone to chronic back pain. The issue seems to be a strength and flexibility imbalance between my left and right leg. Probable not perceptible to the untrained eye, but I can certainly feel it when I run or do squats.

Eyes are on the next regatta.