Scrimmage

Scrimmage
Early season training session, Fall 2009

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

1500s

I had a freakin' great morning workout today. We did 3x1500 with rate shifts every 500. Other than the first 1000 of the first piece, I was about as on fire as I have been since March. The first 1000 meters, the mental process was along the lines of 'concentrate on my technique, concentrate on my technique, wow I'm going faster, concentrate...' This evolved into 'freakin' go hard!' for the rest of the workout as I found my groove. The pieces were not blazing fast, but they were powerful and I found some solid aggression to help fuel the race. I was able to catch or pass Sam on all the pieces. I had a blast.

I think the anti-inflammatory early in the morning helps my workouts. It may not be good for me, but it lets me focus on power and technique and not on the little pains.