Scrimmage

Scrimmage
Early season training session, Fall 2009

Saturday, July 2, 2011

3x2K

We did 3x2K, all out today. I practice keeping the rate higher, racing my base at 32-34 and sprinting at 35. It was a much more sustainable rhythm than normal - my strokes were more compact, smooth, and efficient. I went 7:31, 7:36, and 7:34, with conditions similar and about 15 minutes of rest between each. That consistency suggests to me that I probably have more in the tank that I did not tap into - I was probably too conservative in the middle 1000. Not bad for time trialing with a men's 4x and women's 2- and 1x. My stroke has really transformed since I got here. We row more, and generally at a slower pace than in Seattle and that has given me more time to really hone my boat feel and blade work in just 3 weeks. This will be a lesson I will have to carry with me back to Seattle.

Here is some video of my last piece: