Scrimmage

Scrimmage
Early season training session, Fall 2009

Saturday, July 23, 2011

Another 2K

Busted out a 2K with the Riverside guys today in Dave Smith's 1x (a gorgeous red Fluidesign). Did better relative to the rest of the field than I had been in previous workouts. Better rested? Different rig? Not entirely sure. I used a set of C2's Low-i Smoothies today. I had never used oars like that before. In fact, I have almost exclusively used Drehers in my sculling career. I never knew the stroke could be made so easy just by switch oars! It was infinitely easier to just lock on and get the the stroke than it had been with Drehers. That being said, not sure if the C2s were actually faster, but they were certainly easier to row. Did not have a stroke coach, but rating seemed good and efficient. Thought about the race in terms of start 20, power 40, a couple of power 60s, a power 30, then a sprint to the finish. Have no idea what the 2k markers are on the course here, so I stop when other people stop.

Rode the stationary bike for a couple of hours and did some core once a thunderstorm rolled in.

Had a chance to visit with a Ryanne Filbey, a former housemate and dear friend from my Logger days. Always good to reconnect.

Traffic in Boston blows my mind. I cannot believe that people are patient enough to drive here. Oh wait, they're not, as indicated by the constant honking and shouting.