Scrimmage

Scrimmage
Early season training session, Fall 2009

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Boston Routine

Made it to Boston in one piece. I am pretty pumped up to be back in the 1x and in control of my own rowing again. I am rowing out of Newell, with the gracious permission of Charley Butt, and using the Michael Wale's awesome Fluidesign and Dreher sculls. I am crashing with the awesome David Smith, who will be joining us this Fall in Seattle to hit the grind. It is a pretty good set up - I stroll a mile in the morning to the boathouse, grab a coffee on my way, hit the water for a couple hours, and stroll on back where I sleep, shop for apartments in Seattle, and replenish my much needed glycogen reserves. I spent the last couple days doing some long steady state to get my feel for the boat back and tomorrow I am starting an aggressive sequence of interval training to get myself back up to speed and ready for Trials. I am hoping to do some work along side Andrew Campbell, a very accomplish Harvard Lightweight, once he returns from U23s, as well as joing up with the Riverside crowd when the opportunity presents itself.

I am definitely missing my Seattle gang and comforts and I look forward to returning soon.